Feeling Lonely

08:00:00

An article about emotions of loneliness, what it wants to teach us and how to deal with them.



Loneliness. Causes? Could be anything. Why do we feel this emotion, Even when we know we are never alone, we are connected with nature and the universe? God if you prefer.
Loneliness comes from your inner self. There is a place in you that feels you are missing out on something. That you need that one thing that will help you feel not lonely. You can feel that emotions even when you are surrounded by people because loneliness doesn't mean that you are alone, it means you feel alone. 
And just live every emotion, you should not neglect or ignore it. Listen to it. Feel it. Cry if you want to. Stop suppressing all your emotions. We are not made of steel, we ain't a robot!

I believe that there are a few questions to ask yourself before blaming your emotion of loneliness on others human beings. I am asking you to read these carefully, take your time and be honest with yourself!

Why do you feel lonely?
What has changed, or not changed in your life for you to feel this emotion?
What can you do to stop feeling lonely?
And have you tried to stop feeling lovely by adapting to the answer you just said above?

The feeling of loneliness will always teach you something. This always depends on your situation. I am gonna give you an example... an example of why I have felt lonely for the past few days...

A month ago my mother and my sister found a house in France. My sister wanted to go back to France for so long. It was a dream to live there, with us all three together. but in this house, there would be no real room for me... and I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go back anyway. I also always said that in the Netherlands it was easier to find a job while if France that would be difficult. Now... I don't know, I always assumed it would be that way but I don't know if the Normandie is the same related to Bourgogne job wise...
A week before they left I really took all change to have a moment with my mother. I knew I was going to miss her! So we went shopping and we had gone for a drink somewhere.

The day before they left... I was in my car driving to the house of my brother because that was going to be my new home, and I was crying... The next day went awfully bad. The day after, slightly better... but still feeling down.

I started asking myself: Why? Why do I cry so much? She is not dead, she is just 600km away from me. I will even see her during Christmas which is in 3 weeks! Distance doesn't exist either. I can call her whenever I want. So why do I feel so lonely?!

I felt lonely because I, first of all, didn't felt home. I came home and there was no warm welcome, no one I could really tell my story too because my father doesn't really listen and my brother... well he listens half of the time... but is never really interested. No genuine interest. There is no tea during tea time and the house is 3/4 of the time a mess from going in and out because they are changing some things outside... There is no structure, not in there lives nor mine.
But you know what is the weirdest when I am home alone, and it is only me and my bird, I feel more home then with the guys. I feel freer, I feel organized, I feel better in general.
I miss the warm hugs of my mother and the brutal honesty of my sister. I just miss them. I miss the feminine energy I used to live in 24/7.

I believe that it is teaching me to learn to be more independent. It shows me how I would want my life to be and how I don't want it to be. It learns me that letting go is not easy and I am not alone. I am a very lucky person to able to say that I have 2 very good friends who are there for me when I need them. I have enough money to make sure I don't miss something important. I am a very lucky girl. That is what it is trying to show me. That I may not have it all yet, but that I have come really far, and in a year, I probably will live totally different from now.

The hardest part is always to accept your situation right now (feelings, circumstances, everything) and go with the course of life. I am going to say it again, but I truly love this quote...

" It doens't happen to us, it happens for us"
Lots of love,
Christel Joëlle

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts