Get that creativity flowing again!

08:00:00

I can't even count the amount of times I have tried to find my creativity back but it didn't work. And all that time I was finding ways and new methods, but nothing worked because ... I wasn't calm enough. And I never thought that was the actual problem...



For a while, I wanted to be more creative. I thought I lost it. I used to be so creative and full of fantasies and dreams, and now? I was sitting in my chair, in front of a blank piece of paper AND Nothing Came. Nothing.

Yesterday, I was really creative, and all of a sudden I could tell what had changed. I was calm, no anxiety, no deadlines, no phone! Yes, no phone or electronic devices (only for music though!). And I felt so good. I did yoga, meditation, cleaned my room, ate the most delicious egg ever (the white was nice and tight and the beginning of the yellow also but in the middle, it was soft and squishy! This is like the main reason I can't be vegan! But I am trying to figure out a way to be vegetarian, I'll write about this in another blog post because it is kind of a difficult thing to explain, why"I try", and why for now I am not an official vegetarian). I took a piece of paper and I started drawing from the heart, letting it all go. I can say, for now, I am really happy with the sketch and the beginning of my watercolor painting.

Here are the steps for a creative day!

  1. First, yes, put your phone, from the beginning of the day, away, at a place where you can not see it or hear it. Learn to live without it! Damn, we are so attached to that thing that we can't even work normally without checking it every single minute! It's really no life that way!
  2. Make a list of all the things you would like to do, and set your intentions right! This helps you to keep going and not feel the need to grab your phone. Also, do the things you have been neglecting for the past week, months maybe? Come on, get your ass working, clean that floor and do for once the dishes with your bare hands instead of using a machine that uses 10 times more water than you need. Clean your bathroom and declutter that drawer that has been nagging you every time you lay your eyes on it.
  3. Start your morning mindful, do some yoga or a workout, meditate if you like to, put some healing music on and do what you gotta to do. I feel like cleaning the house with cleansing music helps a lot and I kind of enjoy it more and more.
  4. So first you did everything that desperately needed to be done. Once you are DONE, doesn't it feel amazing, your home is clean, (take a shower, you always deserve a good shower), you are clean, your mind is free from distractions! Now you can finally relax. Sit for a while, read that book you wanted to read for so long, take this moment to do what you feel like you need to do FOR  YOURSELF!
  5. And now, you are done. Get that calmness back, relax, go outside, go to the dog park, be in nature and breathe. Breathe all the way into your belly, not your chest, your belly ... ... breathe out all the air and repeat this step. Enjoy.
  6. I have a question for you for this step: what is your kind of way to be creative? Is it drawing, painting, taking photos, dancing...?
    Start doing it. Try not to think too much, just do it, and we will see where the ship ends up.

Get Creative. Do this every week (or once a month, although, once a week or every fortnight is better though). Let me know if you tried it and how you experience it.
I personally love doing this once a week OR more! I love this. Especially the part of not having a phone around me. I usually pick the phone up around 4 pm or later, because that's my "I don't know what to do anymore" time haha. 

Good luck to you boo!
Lots of love
Joëlle

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts