SILVER LININGS

10:00:00







Is there anybody who has never heard this saying before? No, I don’t think so. But when you are in the middle of your misery, wandering why all this shit is happening to you, it is very difficult to keep on seeing the silver lining behind it all.
As with everybody, it also happens to me.

Coming home one day, I discovered my bedroom-window broken, shattered by a beer bottle that was lying on my pillow. At moments like this, you feel very vulnerable. That other people can deliberately destroy something that is yours, be able to come uninvited in your sacred area where you think you are safe,  is a frightening thought.
The police had to come, the insurance had to be called and of course, the window had to be replaced. But it is a lot of hassle and it takes quite some time before everything is normal again. The consequence was that I had to postpone my planned holiday which made me even more angry and disappointed.
The same week, I discovered that the exhaust pipe of my very loyal Suzuki Jimney, who has never been ill before or refused to work for me in the last 12 years, had become so old and leak that it had to be replaced completely. This was a huge unexpected  financial set-back and did not really help to make me feel better.
And last but not least, the “date”  that was planned and of which I was hoping that it would cheer me up a bit, was canceled at the very last moment.
I felt myself sinking in a hole that I recognized from before and of which I know it can be very hard to overcome once you are in it.
I already survived starting my life all over again (as mentioned in another one of my blogs) and was doing quite well, but now I had ended in another period of setbacks instead of leaning on a positive flow of which I thought I finally deserved it.

This was the negative mood I was in and I realized I had to do something about it. So I went for a long walk with my dog, near the waterside of the canal. The sun was shining on its surface, the temperature was lovely and I sat in the grass, watching the large cargo ships go by. The whole setting was so peaceful that it immediately changed my mindset and I realized that the expenses on my car where not so much if you have in mind that in 12 years I never had any expenses paid for this car at all!
The broken window of my bedroom was a great opportunity to replace the cheap single glass into insulation glass, which was already my plan but it never came to that. Now I had to.
And the fact that I had to cancel my holiday made that my “date” could take place one week later.

So everything turned out to be okay at the end. Something I absolutely did not realize when I was in the middle of it.
Every negative experience seems to have a positive tribute in the end and it is a challenge to try to look at it that way.  If you succeed, your life will be so much happier.
Good luck!

Warm regards,

Esmeralda

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts