Summer Holiday #2: Get a Summer Job

07:00:00

For the summer I didn't want to be bored, and I also wanted to try something new. I was praying for a summer job... Everyday. Then I was in an internship at Rituals... and some way or another I got the honor to work there.


Previously I told you how my internship there was, and it was freaking amazing, it was really a magic sensation  to be there and to experience everything. The second day I was there and I showed them the post I wanted to upload about Rituals and they were flabbergasted that I wanted to talk about them on my blog. And I guess that's how they noticed that I really was excited about Rituals...! So the same day they told me they wanted to talk to me, we went to the back of the store and she told me they would love to have Me as one of them... And then I was flabbergasted! I didn't know what was happening to me... Such a big brand would love to have me working for them?! WHAT? I didn't know anything about all these beautiful products and so began my journey.


Now I am not going to talk about you about all the thing I have learned and everything but I do have some advice for you that could probably give you more chance to get the job you want.

  1. Be different, so instead of sending them a letter, go to the place and ask. 
  2. Ask for an internship, this is the best way you can show them you are excited about the job. 
  3. Be initiative (during the internship), show them you really are interested and want to learn about the job.
  4. Be honestly passionate about the place you are applying for.
  5. Don't be afraid to showcase yourself, show them you are this job more than worthy.
  6. At last, make sure you know where you are applying, go find out what their history is, what products they have, why they are so special and different than other brands, work yourself in. 
This is what my friend (who works there too) and I came up with so you get more chance to get a job. Oh and don't lose your enthusiasms!
Also I have now a official Just_Another_Sea Instagram page! Go check it out!





So I hope my advice helped you a little bit and good luck!
Lots of love
~Joëlle~

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts