The Monthly Journal #3: Crazy Month! Full Month Of meditation; re-boosting myself | Sad, unmotivated

07:30:00

Little late maybe, but I am still doing this! The Monthly Journal #3. In this monthly journal I am going to tell you how I feel about meditating and my experiences so far and how I try to re-boost myself when I am down/sad.


 So I have been doing for one month straight meditation every morning, during school I woke up at 6 am. and in the weekend or free day at 7.30 or 8 am. I would do at least 10 min of meditation. The first two weeks went well, I just came back from France and I felt happy, energized, committed and all that jazz. Then it started getting harder, I was very tired every time I would go on the mat in front of my altar to meditate for 10 min. I couldn't get a peaceful feeling again. I started diminishing the minutes from 10 to 8 and then to 5 ... My feelings were constantly telling me that I didn't have the time to do that. Sometimes I would challenge myself to do 20 min straight... and that was very hard to do, but in France I could sit and be one with the nature for longer then 30 minutes... Why isn't it working here? Do you know why?  



Because of this I feel like I need to re-boost myself, by writing this down I am planning it actually for myself right in this moment! I don't really know how... Maybe eat healthier again, I see myself eating more and more yolo food in the evening... so first of all I am going to stop that, next I should probably do the guided meditations again. If you wonder which app I use for that, it's called Calm. I really love this app, the guided meditation are done by a soft female voice. My next favorite app is the Rituals app, You can choose you language and choose through 3 sort of meditations. The Dutch version is not my favorite because it is a guy who speaks, but besides that the meditations are very well leaded in my opinion. 
Another thing I am going to do to re-boost myself is give myself some more love and attention. I am so use to be amused by everything that happens on my screen, TV, Netflix that I am barely giving myself some time. I love reading and still, I don't do it... Not because I don't have time. I love drawing, still, I don't do it that often, why? Because I feel like you need to have that inner peace, and I just don't have that right now, I feel stressed, frustrated and everything that comes with that. Let me know if you have any advises on dealing with this!!

So, this was not that much of a pleasant post, but I really need your help on this, because, I don't know why, I just can't get myself out of it sometimes. I know sometime you just have to snap out of it and go, but when it comes to homework, workouts, meditations I just can't get myself motivated, and because I can't get myself motivated I get frustrated...
Please let me know in the comments below what you do when you have those days!

Lots of love
~Joëlle~

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts