The Magic Sensation Of Rituals

07:30:00

I really have no idea on how to start this post. I was a day at Rituals and I got to know a lot about the products and their stories but also about the history of Rituals. Rituals has become for me a wonderful place to be on calm days. It's a magical experience to know about everything they have, the sensation that products gives you, the meaning behind it, the effects it can have for you inner peace, your soul...  It's a magical place I feel like sharing with you.

I have walked a day at Rituals (For school, but mostly because I really wanted to know more about this shop). The people I was with that day felt like the most passionate persons I have ever met. They almost breathed Rituals, that's how passionate they talked about it. They told me what was behind every product, their meaning, their sensation, their background and the effects they could have on you. I was really amazed by all these things. I felt like a kid running around a candy shop! Oh man if you could feel my feelings right now! I am so happy they gave me a chance to walk, help, and look for a day there. It really showed me a different aspect besides the products they sell and their high prices (for some products) and now that I know more about all these things I have to admit that those products are far from expensive, they are worth every euro!

But let me tell you a little about the things I did. The first thing they did was giving me a detailed explanation about all the products they have and all their collections. For example, I am just gonna tell one where I really loved the message behind it. The Sakura collection. The meaning of this collection is to enjoy life because it is short. Why is this the meaning of it you ask? Well, in these products you will find cherry blossom and Rice milk. The Cherry blossom is a tree that is for a short amount of time fully blooming and the moment it is blooming we should enjoy the beautiful flowers, this is the same for our life, life is short, and we should not forget to enjoy it, with its ups and downs.


The next thing they let me experience was a full hand massage, well, I did it myself by myself but that didn't really bother me because it was really a wonderful experience (later that week I went back to walk a morning with them and they gave me a hand massage so I could learn how to do it and for me to feel how it is if someone else does it, it was so relaxing!). So we started by applying a shower gel on my hand, now let me tell you how soft and relaxing that was! It was all mousing and it was such an awesome feeling. Then we did a scrub based on salt (or sugar), now for the ones who have used a good scrub before you will probably not find this such an extraordinary thing, but for me it was. It was based on sea salt (or sugar... like I said ... can't remember) if I'm not wrong and scrubbing it through my hand really made me feel a sort of tinkly effect through my whole body and that was really the best feeling ever, then we rinsed and added some body lotion, Oh and did I mention it was all from the same collection? Ah well, now you know hih... the body lotion really gave me the feeling of nourished hands, my hands are always, always sweaty and for once it felt nourished and fresh! After that, we added some body mist and done. A whole ritual on its own, and now it's evening and the perfume is still on my hands. But I have to tell you when I say perfume I don't mean the strong perfume, no not at all, but a very subtle smell, but I believe that if you do it on your entire body, you will be in an oases of freshness and I am almost sure that you'll be able to rock the day or sleep amazingly great that night!


Actually, one thing they learned me pretty quickly was giving tea to the client. No matter what client, as long as you give it to them, and if they don't want it, that's fine too! If I am not wrong, the shop I were, were the only one doing this. I noticed that the first time I came in the Rituals and they offered me a tea, it was different, special because I never got a cup of tea just like that in a body shop/clothing shop before. But somehow, this kind and gentle gesture gave me a warm and fine feeling, that was really the start of loving this shop! Back to the tea, there was tho a moment of doubt when I saw a man coming in with his daughter... I didn't really knew if I needed to give him a cup of tea because he really didn't seem like that guy that likes tea, after doubting I still gave it to him and to my biggest surprise he wanted tea and his daughter too! That just really shows me that, yes, you need to give tea to everyone.
They also learned me how to fill the store again, well that isn't very thrilling haha but it didn't really bother me because I still enjoyed doing it, hihi. It's really weird because I was there and somehow none of it mattered, time went fast and I can't remember another place I felt so at home as there.

I still want to give credit to the two girls who explained everything to me theses two days! First of all, thank you for letting me work with you! I have been at lots of places but usually, they let me find things out on my own, you girls didn't and you even planned some things for me to do! I really appreciate that! You taught me so much and gave me a whole new perspective to the shop, I honestly couldn't believe there is so much behind a shop like this! I really loved that you let me experience everything, from working with the clients (hihi giving them tea! That was so scary, but eventually you were right, it's really lovely to do!) to experiencing the products and filling the store. Thank you very much for these amazing days!




Let me know what your favorite body shop is!
Lots of love

~Joëlle~

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts